Calnetix Active Permanent Magnet Homopolar Bearings
Calnetix Technologies specializes in high-speed rotating machinery supported by patented active permanent magnet bias homopolar bearings. We offer Powerflux™ Magnetic Bearings in radial and side by side combination configuration. These are the most advanced active magnetic bearings in the market. The very unique advantages of Calnetix’s magnetic bearings include the following:
- Low electrical current – With permanent magnet (PM) bias, permanent magnets generate approximately half of the magnetic field used to support rotors, eliminating the need for additional electrical currents, wiring and electrical power sources.
- Minimal heat generation – With homopolar design, the magnetic field distribution only has one cyclic change around the rotor and only when generating a radial force. This creates minimal losses and heat generation.
- Lower cost and compact system – A single device approach that combines radial and axial funcations results in a lower cost and a reduction in system size, leading to a rotordynamic advantage and a superior machine design.
- Excellent temperature stability and large total measurement range - Unique proprietary constant-flux edge sensor provides clear performance advantages, including immunity to external magnetic fields and radial displacements.
- State-of-the-art approach to machine design with magnetic bearings using proprietary design and optimization tools
- Advanced graphical user interface (GUI) - GUI gives users and specialists an intuitive way to tune, operate and monitor magnetic bearing systems.
Calnetix employs industry-leading experts in the areas of electromagnetic analysis, rotordynamics analysis, embedded control system design and mechanical design. Let our in-house experts help you select the proper magnetic bearing type for your application and integrate it into your system.
- To learn more about magnetic bearing technology in general, check out our Magnetic Bearings Resource Center.
- To view our featured magnetic bearing case study, click here.
- Being the industry leader in magnetic bearing technology, Calnetix has published numerous technical papers on the subject. For a complete list of these papers and articles, click here.