Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security.
We are currently seeking a Buyer/Planner to strategically manage the replenishment of materials to ensure a high customer service level while optimizing inventory and reducing cost. The position is responsible for all planning/procurement activities supporting production, maintaining inventory levels within scope of business goals, developing supplier relationships, maintaining planning parameters within ERP system and coordination with internal departments to assure timely production and delivery at the highest quality and lowest cost.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com.
- Maintain uninterrupted supply of material to meet operating plan objectives (customer shipment schedule, delivery lead times, working capital and cost goals)
- Execute supply replenishment (purchase orders, work orders) from system-driven requirements
- Continuously monitor and follow up with suppliers to assure on time delivery
- Expedite, re-schedule or change scheduled deliveries as dictated by changes in demand with the goal of continually aligning supply with demand a mitigating exposure to excess inventory
- Source new components and services from new and existing supply base
- Audit and change planning parameters to ensure ERP data integrity
- Communicate forecasts to vendors periodically and keep supply base abreast of changes to requirements
- Processing supplier deviation requests and attaining approvals from internal customer
- Actively participate in project to process and production readiness activities
- Other duties as needed and assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations Management or other related discipline or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Five years experience in procurement/planning role with emphasis on complex high precision machined parts and electromechanical assemblies, preferably in turbomachinery and/or high-speed motor/generator production environments
- In-depth knowledge of material Resource Planning (MRP) and integrated computerized manufacturing systems (ERP)
- Experience relating to traceability and configuration management control to assure conformance to specific customer documentation requirements
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, in oral and written form, along with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
- High degree of independent judgment with minimal supervisory guidance
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with outstanding follow up skills
- APICS certification a plus
- Self-starter - results oriented and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented with sense of urgency on assigned tasks.
- Decisive and able to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Versatility - Capable of strategic thinking while executing near term goals and objectives
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- Time will be split between office and shop floor.
- Personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves hearing protection or masks may be required in some production areas.
- Work around objects that can be highly magnetized
- Position duties will primarily be on-site with occasional travel to nearby suppliers
Disclaimer - The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Calnetix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.