Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security.
We are currently seeking a Composite Winding Technician’s to setup and operate composite fiber winding equipment to support production and new product development activities. The ideal candidate will have experience in a fast-paced production environment requiring exceptional attention to detail. This role also requires skilled level of work in the fabrication, assembly, maintenance and repair of a variety of metal parts, tools, and equipment. Experience with process, cost and quality improvement/optimization is highly desired.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup and operate carbon fiber winding equipment support production and new product introduction requirements
- Trim, cure, grind and process parts according to work instructions and specifications
- Design fixtures and tools as needed to fabricate parts
- Confer with supervisor to exchange technical information
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to facilitate a diagnosis of machine malfunctions and to determine the need for adjustments or repairs.
- Fit and assemble parts to make or repair machine tools and maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout and machining procedures
- Recommend and implement continuous improvement activities in production methods, equipment performance and team effectiveness
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2 years of experience as a composite technician and completion of a recognized certification or apprenticeship program, or 5 years of experience as a skilled machinist. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted. Comprehensive knowledge of tools, materials, methods and standard practices used in composite mfg.
- Comprehensive knowledge of tools, materials, methods and standard practices used in composites manufacturing.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Ability to use metrology and bench inspection equipment to measure parts
- Self-directed with excellent organizational skills and problem-solving skills
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- High degree of integrity
- Ownership, Initiative and Accountability
- Creative problem solver, able to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to establish positive rapport with individuals at all levels of organization
- Flexibility in range of responsibilities
- Self-awareness; not afraid to ask for help or admit error
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- Bend or stoop repeatedly or continually over time
- Remain in a standing position for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. using proper lifting techniques
- Work around objects that can be highly magnetized
- Personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves hearing protection or masks may be required in some production areas.
- Flexible work schedule. Available as determined by changes in customer demand, to adjust shift start/end times and work overtime as necessary
Disclaimer - The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Calnetix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.