Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security.
We are currently seeking a Controller with a role both in Finance and Customer Support. The candidate will report to the CFO and be responsible for detailed accounting work for Calnetix Technologies. The candidate will interact with Business Unit Leaders and the Vice President of Operations to provide and process information related to customer contracts, while monitoring engineering project costs. The position works with the CFO in the preparation and review of budgets, financial planning, cash forecasting, financial systems, and various financial related operating reports. Customer support work includes working with business development, buyers/planners and other operational positions.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with CFO and Staff Accountant to manage the general ledger
- Conduct general ledger input and prepare supporting ledger schedules plus month-end journal entries and mid-month adjusting entries
- Work with CFO in production and presentment of month-end internal financial statements
- Participate in year-end inventory observation and obsolescence review
- Manage book-to-perpetual inventory reconciliation
- Update company forecast on a regular basis; participate in budgeting process for subsequent fiscal years
- Participate in annual renewal process for company Professional Employer Organization (Insperity), business insurance and bank credit lines.
- Preparation of audit requests, listed items for year-end fieldwork performed by outside CPA firm, assist with annual coordination of audit process and issuance of financials
- Involvement with sales order/order entry processing for engineering contracts
- Release sales order line items for contract progress billings; transact in ERP system
- Generate and distribute sales invoices to customers for payment
- Issuance of new contract/project cost work orders and link to engineering projects
- Record application of customer receipts
General and Compliance
- Manage cash flow and oversee accounts payable process
- Oversee payroll process
- Participate in new employee on-boarding process
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal filing requirements
- Process intercompany and affiliate billings
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field is required
- Advanced certifications and/or advanced degrees a plus
- 5 years of experience as a Controller or similar role
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Proficient in GAAP accounting and reporting
- General understanding of manufacturing process and cost accounting
- Previous experience in general accounting
- Customer service orientation and adaptability
- Extensive PC application skills required
- Experience with ERP and accounting software systems required
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Government/Defense experience a “plus”
- Must have high energy
- Enthusiasm and positive attitude
- Proactive and hands-on approach to work
- Great people skills and team building skills
- Improvisational and innovative
- Integrity, commitment & honestly
Disclaimer - The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Calnetix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.