Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security
We are currently seeking a Director of Business Development – Defense. Responsible for generating and following up on defense contractor leads, working with the Calnetix marketing and engineering teams to provide solutions to defense contractor product development teams, creating detailed proposals, and negotiating development and/or supply contracts. Specific accountabilities also include developing new applications, working with consultants, and developing appropriate sales processes, customer relations, and marketing communications. Must be willing and able to travel frequently both domestically and internationally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The initial challenges the Manager of Business Development will be expected to address and will be ultimately judged upon within the first year are listed below; other duties also may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Within 90 days:
- Develop a sufficient understanding of Calnetix technologies and be able to articulate the value proposition of our technologies for existing projects.
- Prepare short proposals and quotations for the project managers.
- Identify and qualify leads and be able to present the value proposition for industry and for Calnetix to the senior management team.
• Develop a sufficient understanding of our costing tools in order to assess project costs
• Be able to articulate Calnetix technology, components, services and subsidiaries to potential customers in a convincing manner.
• Direct and generate business opportunities for major military defense program product development
• Convert leads into opportunities and articulate the project value internally to engineering and senior management and equally articulate the value of working with Calnetix on the development to the defense contractor.
• Work closely with the business unit team to develop unique solutions and a strategy to win defense contractor business.
• Follow up closely on the leads, understand the customer’s end goal and their concerns, and be knowledgeable about their products, markets, competitors and objectives in order to put together an ideal solution.
• Develop unique plans for each identified customer to properly position the Calnetix’s product offerings and capabilities.
• Be proactive in identifying and prioritizing the defense market segments where Calnetix’s capabilities and technology will bring the most value based on the market conditions.
• Perform market research and analysis.
• Negotiate development agreements and supply contracts.
• Work with the Calnetix marketing team to develop marketing campaigns and materials for new applications and services, such as e-media, press kits, brochures, technical papers, technical seminars and trade shows.
• Seek possible alliances or partnerships that will facilitate sales.
• Continuously monitor and share information internally on competitors to ensure Calnetix’ offering maintains its competitive position.
• Lead customer-focused solution sales processes, including product and competitor rationalization, pricing and margin analysis.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
• Communications: The ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Customer Service: Exhibits effectiveness and responsiveness to customer needs and concerns. Able to form and build close customer relationships.
• Problem Solving: Creative and strategic thinking ability with a practical business orientation. Intelligent with the ability to develop concepts into an executable plan.
• Business Acumen: A positive attitude and professional image with impeccable business ethics. Driven, passionate, and results oriented.
• Conflict Resolution: Able to persuade, influence and overcome resistance. Persist in the face of obstacles to reach objectives.
• Achievement Focus: High level of drive, energy and initiative, capable of working effectively with minimal guidance. Self-starter, who takes initiative, co-operates with and leverages internal resources. Well organized and capable of establishing and maintaining proper priorities. Focus on results rather than activities.
Education/Experience: Undergraduate degree in Engineering is a must, with an MBA preferred. A minimum of 5 years of experience in the aerospace industry. Prior experience of developing and closing leads based on technological customized solutions.
• English Language Ability:
– Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
– Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
– Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Math Ability:
– Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
– Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Reasoning Ability:
– Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
– Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Computer Skills:
- Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), experience customizing and using a customer relationship management system (Salesforce is preferred).
• Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment / Physical Demands: 25% travel is anticipated (the majority of which will be domestic
Disclaimer - Description stated above, may not contain all of the actual skills requirements and/or abilities that are required of this position.
• Email resume to email@example.com