Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security.
Working under some supervision, the HR Assistant will perform daily administrative and human resource duties for the Calnetix Group of Companies. Emphasis will be placed on assisting with recruiting efforts; compiling and maintaining personnel records; on-boarding of new employees; monitoring of performance evaluation process; assisting managers with employee professional development; and improving employee welfare.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work with Director of Talent Acquisition regarding new hire requests and personnel recruiting efforts, including candidate screening, evaluation of capability and suitability for organization
- Supporting internal and external requests related to HR department.
- Maintain and update job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Maintain corporate organization chart
- Oversee HR events (i.e. benefits enrollment meetings; all-hands meetings; holiday parties; employee recognition events; and other meetings); coordinate management-employee communications
- Compile and maintain paper and digital (electronic) human resources personnel records files including new hire documentation, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations
- Ensure timely completion of new employee package and enrollment with Insperity, third party benefits/services provider
- Conduct new hire orientation (“NHO”) with positive emphasis on company goals and core values
- Support HR-related training programs, workshops and seminars
- Respond to employee questions/concerns regarding policies or benefits, referring to Insperity specialist, where applicable
- Coordinate with managers/supervisors regarding employee performance reviews, performance improvement plans (PIPs) and employee development programs
- Conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
- Maintain confidentially and discretion in handling of all company sensitive information
- Liaison between Calnetix Group of Companies and Insperity specialists.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5 years of general human resources (or equivalent combination of education/experience), SHRM certification a “plus;” will consider work experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and business acumen are essential
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as great follow-through skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to resolve conflict calmly, maintaining impartiality and keep emotions under control; use reason when dealing with emotional topics
- Reacts well under pressure
- Objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback
- High energy team player; must be a self-starter
- Enthusiasm-passion; contributes to building a positive work environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks independently to meet commitments
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented
- Must have a “can do” attitude and be willing to learn
None. Position will be required to interface with and support individuals at all levels of the organization.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk or sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
Disclaimer - The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Calnetix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.