Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security.
We are currently seeking a Machine Shop Manager who will oversee all processes to produce machined parts utilized in Calnetix high speed motors, generators, compressors, and turbo-expanders. The Machine Shop Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and execution of the department including machine schedules, CNC programs, developing setup/operational documents, machine tooling/fixtures and safety.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish processes, specify equipment and tooling and manage all aspects of machining operations to ensure quality, safety and efficiency.
- Recommend, purchase, and installation capital equipment and tooling
- Prepare/Manage document packages for component fabrication (e.g., machining layouts, machine programs and equipment setup/operation procedures).
- Design tooling and fixtures required for machining components.
- Coordinate with planning team to establish work throughput schedules which reflect the shop capacities
- Monitor workload and schedules to ensure timely deliveries
- Define all resource, machinery, tooling, training and process needs
- Oversee planning sequences and review time standards for part routings
- Oversee CNC programming code software, use, and storage
- Review new product designs for manufacturability.
- Ensure preventative maintenance policies are adhered to and that unscheduled repairs take place in a timely and cost-efficient manner
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with both CNC and conventional machine tools with experience/knowledge programming and operating CNC lathes, mills, muti-axis machining centers and cylindrical grinders
- Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience is a plus
- Open to developing new skills and take on new responsibilities
- Proficiency in GD&T, ASME 14.5M
- Hands on with ownership, initiative, and accountability for assigned responsibility
- Able to exercise independent judgment and make logical decisions on technical issues
- “Can do” attitude
- Ability to establish positive rapport with individuals at all levels of organization
- Self-awareness; not afraid to ask for help or admit error
- Flexibility in range of responsibilities
Machine shop personnel
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- Time will be split between office and shop floor.
- Personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves hearing protection
- or masks may be required in some production areas.
- Work around objects that can be highly magnetized
Disclaimer - The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Calnetix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.