Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer III who will encompass the mechanical and electrical support for manufacturing operations of Calnetix high speed motors, generators, power electronics and magnetic bearing systems. The Manufacturing Engineer III is responsible for all routers, procedures (i.e. work instructions), tooling and fixtures required for manufacturing operations. The Manufacturing Engineer III will work with shop personnel and engineering for successful system design integration, cost reduction, improved lead times, delivery and support of component and assembly and fabrication.
• Generate, manage, and drive continuous improvement of all manufacturing documents and processes including work instructions, manufacturing routers, inspection forms, etc.
• Design of tooling and fixtures to support product assembly
• Coordinate design criteria with vendors and/or customers when applicable
• Create and update routers within ERP system
• Follow through with the fabrication of tooling and fixtures by internal and external suppliers
• Provide engineering support to manufacturing functions: including assembly, purchasing, and QA. This includes providing first-line technical support to these functions.
• Improving overall processes and related issues including process development, scheduling, creating process documentation, product assembly and production processing, problem solving, and program management
• Document manufacturing processes (Work Instructions, routers, etc.)
• Installation and debug of tooling and capital equipment
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Requires BS degree in a technical field (Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical
Engineering preferred) or equivalent combination of education/experience
• A minimum of 8 years progressive and related experience required
• 3D mechanical design utilizing SolidWorks
• 2D drafting skills per ASME 14.5M
• Familiar with creating routers and process procedures
• Knowledge of standard manufacturing processes: casting, machining, milling, grinding, mechanical and electrical assembly, welding, inspection techniques, process piping and equipment, and pressurized assemblies
• Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience is a plus
• Open to developing new skills and take on new responsibilities
• Good interpersonal and interfacing skills a plus (i.e. communicating well with people across different departments both internally and externally)
• Additional computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
• Time will be split between office and shop floor.
• Personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves, or masks may be required in some assembly areas.
• Frequent: Sitting, forward bending, squatting, overhead reaching, standing, walking, kneeling, and climbing
• Lift and Carry 50 lbs.: Floor to waist and back to floor
• Have moderate level of hand to eye coordination and dexterity including (picking, pinching, holding, grasping, and repetitive flexion/rotation).
• Noise level may be high
• Some occasional exposure to dust/fumes/odor/grease/oil/chemicals
• Work in hot/cold temperature
• Work around objects that can be very sharp
• Work around objects that can be highly magnetized
Disclaimer - Description stated above, may not contain all of the actual skills requirements and/or abilities that are required of this position.
• Email resume to email@example.com