Mechanical Engineer II
Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer II, who is responsible for providing manufacturing engineer support in the production and testing of high speed motors, generators, power electronics and magnetic bearing systems. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for process design, development of tools/fixtures and generating work instructions and serves as a liaison between engineering and production for successful system integration and process improvements to improve quality, cost and delivery.
• Drive continuous improvement of manufacturing processes.
• Design tooling and fixtures to support product fabrication, assembly and test coordinating design criteria with vendors and/or customers when applicable
• Follow through with the fabrication of tooling and fixtures by internal and external suppliers
• Provide engineering support to manufacturing functions, including assembly, purchasing, and QA. This includes providing first-line technical support to these functions.
• Improving overall processes and related issues including process development, scheduling, creating process documentation, product assembly and production processing, problem solving, and program management
• Specify, install, troubleshoot and debug tooling and capital equipment.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
• Requires BS degree in a technical field (Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering preferred) or equivalent combination of education/experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with progressing levels of responsibility
• Solid 3D mechanical design utilizing SolidWorks
• Solid 2D drafting skills per ASME 14.5M
• Experience within turbomachinery and/or high speed electric motors/generators industry desirable
• Able to exercise independent judgment and make logical decisions on technical issues
• Ability to establish positive rapport with individuals at all levels of organization
• Ability to motivate working team through leadership and “can do” attitude
• Self-awareness; not afraid to ask for help or admit error
• Willingness to engage in constructive debate
• Ownership, Initiative and Accountability
• Open to developing new skills and take on new responsibilities
Work Environment / Physical Demands: Time will be split between office and shop floor. Personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves, or masks may be required in some assembly areas.
Disclaimer - Description stated above, may not contain all of the actual skills requirements and/or abilities that are required of this position.
Application Process: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org