Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security.
We are currently seeking a Power Electronics Manufacturing Engineer who can lead and manage the transition from engineering to production for new Power Electronics product developments. The individual will support the design, manufacture, test, and validation of Power Electronics developments from concept to sunset. The engineer will perform a variety of tasks related to assembly, test, documentation, and troubleshooting of the Power Electronics product line.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Power Electronics prototype build, test, and documentation
- Test fixture design, development, documentation, and build for Power Electronics products
- Design and development of test set up with data logging for high power testing
- Experience in managing high power equipment test infrastructure
- Experience in specifying power transformers, load banks, cables, and breakers for test infrastructure
- Design, develop, and document validation methods for new product development and production Power Electronics systems
- Develop and document Power Electronics assembly work instructions, routers, test plans, test setups, test procedures, and acceptance criteria
- Support design team in research and development efforts for new products or improvements to existing products
- Support and train production team on product assembly processes including generating build documents, diagrams, schematics, and rework instructions as required
- Customer training and field service support may be required on occasion
- Maintain a safe working environment for self and others
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BSEE or equivalent, 3 years of industrial experience with a minimum of one year in Power Electronics field
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in design, testing, and troubleshooting of digital, analog, and Power Electronic circuits
- Familiarity with safety requirements for high power applications
- Ability to use and set up test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Data loggers/analyzers, Software development tools, etc.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong background of power electronics system assembly techniques
- Familiarity with computers and Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Smart Draw, etc.
- Experience with PCB rework and soldering
- Familiarity with agency approval process (UL, CE, etc.) a plus
- Experience viewing and manipulating Solidworks models is a plus
- Experience with high power medium voltage applications a plus
- Pro-active approach to work
- High work standards, well organized and meticulous
- Integrity, commitment & honesty
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift up 50 lbs
- Most time to be spent in an office environment or on-site Power Electronics lab. Personal protective equipment may be required in designated areas
- Up to 30% travel may be required to support products in the field
Disclaimer - The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. Calnetix will not sponsor applicants for immigration, including for H-1B, TN and other non-immigrant Visas, for this role.
Calnetix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.