Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security.
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer with a technical background, who has the desire and capability to take on, own and execute development programs as well as repeat application projects using the company's core technology. The job will require travel, meeting with customers, and understanding their businesses, applications, and products. With particular work ethic and dynamism, there are huge opportunities for growth within the company. In this position, you will execute designated projects from inception through the specifications, design, fabrication, validation and testing of development and repeat projects, while providing positive contribution to the core engineering team from a project perspective.
- Work with business development and customers to define project scopes, deliverables, and specifications
- Plan project schedules and budgets and coordinate with internal teams- engineering, operations, manufacturing and testing to execute project plans
- Communicate with customer/stakeholders and manage customer expectations
- Technical ownership, oversight and review of the design, both internal and external reviews
- Design contribution to the core engineering team in areas of expertise
- Lead Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Prepare development and production test plans, obtain approvals from customers, and work with technicians to execute test plans and resolve testing issues
- Support customers in product commissioning and system integration at their sites
- Work with operations, manufacturing engineers, and quality to disposition manufacturing deviations
- Internal and external projects reporting
- Work with business development and prepare proposals for new projects and for existing projects' added scope
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Engineering Degree (Mechanical/Electrical) with 5-10 years of experience (will consider 3 years of project engineering experience in closely related field)
- Experience with rotating machinery and/or variable frequency drives strongly preferred
- System integration experience, specifically with electro-mechanical systems, strongly preferred
- Some project management or coordination experience
- SolidWorks experience is strongly preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have the bias and dynamism to execute and take ownership
- Strong interpersonal skills with the power of positive persuasion
- Evaluate options, propose solutions and make decisions when required
Individual must be capable of leading a project team.
Disclaimer - Description stated above, may not contain all of the actual skills requirements and/or abilities that are required of this position.
- Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org