Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security.
We are seeking someone with a technical background, strong project management, and reporting experience who has the desire and capability to execute development programs using the company’s core technology. The job will require travel, meeting with customers, and understanding their businesses, applications, and products. This is a highly visible role with potential opportunities for growth within the company. In this position, you will execute projects from inception through the specification, design, fabrication, validation, and testing of development and repeat projects. Throughout the process, you will provide design contributions to the core engineering team from a project perspective.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with business development and customers to define project scope, deliverables, and specifications
- Plan and update project schedules and budgets and coordinate with internal teams – engineering, operations, manufacturing, and testing
- Internal and external communication of customer expectations
- Technical ownership, oversight, and review of the design
- Design contribution to the core engineering team
- Coordinate Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Work with cross-functional team members to prepare test plans and obtain approval from customers
- Work with technicians to execute test plans and resolve testing issues
- Support customers in product commissioning and system integration at their sites
- Work with Operations, Manufacturing engineers, and Quality to disposition manufacturing deviations
- Project reporting both internal and external
- Work with business development and prepare proposals for new projects and for existing projects' added scope
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Engineering Degree (Mechanical/Electrical) with 5-10 years of experience (will consider 3 years of project engineering experience in closely related field)
- Experience with rotating machinery and/or variable frequency drives strongly preferred
- System integration experience, specifically with electro-mechanical systems, strongly preferred
- Strong project management or coordination experience
- Must have Microsoft Project experience including Project Web App (PWA)
- SolidWorks experience is strongly preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have the initiative and dynamism to execute and take ownership
- Strong interpersonal skills with the power of positive persuasion
- Evaluate options, propose solutions, and make decisions when required. Individual must be capable of leading a project team
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- Depending on the phase of the project, the incumbent’s time will be split between office/desk, shop floor, and off-site activities
- Up to 20% travel may be required, domestic and international
Disclaimer - Description stated above, may not contain all of the actual skills requirements and/or abilities that are required of this position.
Calnetix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.