Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security.
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer for our Defense and Aerospace program who will be responsible for the technical success of the project output within the constraints of the allocated budget and schedule. The Project Engineer will serve as the project team leader executing our product development process on new and mature product lines. Typical day to day responsibilities would be driving and managing the creation, review, and submittal of project artifacts such as plans, procedures, reports, design documents, and technical manuals. All major reviews are owned by the Project Engineer.
This position will work with our engineering team to provide support and guidance with respect to design, testing, or system requirements. To be an effective leader, it is expected that this role be knowledgeable of system operations and understand end user needs. This position requires a person that is highly detailed oriented, structured, well-organized, and can effectively communicate large amounts of data.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Establish and maintain project plans (scope, schedule, and cost) with internal teams and external stakeholders, keeping all informed of status and associated risks
- Monitors overall performance during all phases of the projects, develops and implements corrective action and recovery plans as required. Facilitates the elimination of roadblocks, risks, customer concerns and potential changes by providing input and direction to project team and escalating concerns to upper management.
- Coordinate and work with the cross functional team to deliver key deliverables during product development, such as Compliance matrices, Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA), Test Plans & Reports, and ensuring approval on deliverables is received from customers
- Work with the cross functional team to resolve issues, ensuring root cause is identified and corrective actions are implemented and verified.
- Support customers in product commissioning and system integration at their sites
- Work with Operations, Manufacturing engineers, and Quality to ensure deliverables are met and production requirements are achieved.
- Collaborate with Business Development, Program Management and Customers to define project scope, deliverables, and specifications. Support Business Development & Program Management with proposal generation and change proposals.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Engineering Degree (Mechanical/Electrical) with 5-7 years of experience (will consider 3 years of project engineering experience in closely related field)
- Experience in Defense & Aerospace industries is strongly preferred
- Strong technical writing skills. Able to write clearly and succinctly that appeals to a wide audience. Able to convey messages that can’t be misinterpreted and able to engage in relationships that results in actions taken by recipients and expectations being met.
- Strong oral communication skills. Able to present and develop rapport with audience while explaining complex concepts and processes.
- Able to make data driven decisions and provide direction to teams, which may require convincing others the directions being provided are the right actions to take
- Self-driven and goal-driven DocuSign Envelope
- Control Account Manager (CAM) and Earned Value Management System (EVMS) experience
- Risk and Opportunity management or similar business processes
- Experience in the development of Integrated Master plan (IMP) / Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Demonstrated experience leading complex projects and team with professionalism, collaboration, and persistence.
Calnetix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.