Calnetix is an engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California, committed to making a positive contribution to society and the environment by changing the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We are focused on developing, manufacturing, and delivering advanced energy solutions for commercial applications throughout the world and for mission-critical applications for the United States Government and its Prime Contractors. Calnetix thrives on innovation and meeting new challenges. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize innovative, proprietary high-speed electric motor-generator technologies to develop next-generation, power-dense and energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, harmful emissions and enhance energy security.
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Technician to develop, execute and maintain system requirements in assigned areas of quality planning, control, and improvement. The areas of responsibilities include product verification, source inspection, quality records, non-conformance management, root cause analysis/corrective action, and supplier support.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect complex, tight tolerance mechanical components and assemblies including runout, concentricity, true position using high-precision metrology equipment as well as automated CMM equipment
- Maintain and improve existing quality systems and processes including new part approval process and validation (First Article), control plans, and associated documentation and records
- Interpretation and verification of CMM-generated measurement data
- Source inspection
- Ownership of quality documentation, including the compilation of Build Records for a custom chiller compressor equipment kit
- Lead non-conformance management, including standardization of data required to disposition components and follow-up as required with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead root cause analysis and process improvements to prevent a recurrence
- Product verification prior to shipment including visual inspection
- Provide training on quality plans, processes, and inspection techniques to team members
- Monitor quality indicators to make sure the controls in place are effective to maximize internal and external yields
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Associate’s degree with minimum 5 years relevant experience, preferably in low volume/high mix production environment
- Experience in high-speed rotating equipment and power conversion equipment is a plus.
- Certified Quality Inspector (CQT) or equivalent certification preferred
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 or equivalent Quality Management Systems.
- Broad knowledge of quality and manufacturing processes, methods, and controls
- 2-year min. experience operating automated CMM equipment, preferably PC-DMIS
- Proficiency in GD&T associated with tight tolerance, precision, high complexity machined parts and components
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency using calipers, micrometers, height gauges, bench centers, and dial indicators required
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Good written and verbal communication
- Ability to work both independently and as a strong team player is a requirement
- Experience working with Solidworks Inspection Project a plus
- IPC-610 Certification preferred
- Must be self-motivated, self-starter
- Good interpersonal skills capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Integrity, commitment & honesty
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Goal-oriented, high energy
No direct supervisory responsibilities. However, the position will be involved in leading cross-functional teams to meet specific improvement objectives.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- Able to work in a machine shop-type environment
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
$24 - $28 per hour
Disclaimer - The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Calnetix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.