Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security
We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer whose overall responsibility is to develop, implement, and maintain system requirements in assigned areas of quality planning, control and improvement. Areas of responsibility include source inspection, supplier support, quality records, non-conformance management, root cause analysis/corrective action, and product verification.
- Develop quality plan validation and control plans
- Maintain and improve existing quality systems processes, including new part approval process and validation (including First Article Inspection), control plans and associated documentation.
- Develop supplier and material risk assessment tools for new supplier and material approvals. Audit on-site suppliers as needed.
- Lead non-conformance management including standardization of data required to disposition components and follow-up as required.
- Lead root cause analysis and process improvements to prevent recurrence.
- Provide training on quality plans, processes and inspection techniques to team members.
- Monitor quality indicators to make sure the controls in place are effective to maximize internal and external yields
- Product verification prior to shipment, assurance that quality documentation is complete and accurate, including uploading to customer portal.
- Interface with vendors and customers on specification, quality and documentation related matters.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Science or Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in low volume/high mix production environment. Experience in high speed rotating equipment and power conversion equipment is a plus.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred
- Experience and familiarity with ISO 9001 or equivalent quality systems.
- Broad knowledge of quality and manufacturing processes, methods and controls.
- Proficiency in GD&T associated with tight tolerance, precision, high complexity machined parts and components.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to work both independently and as a strong team player is a requirement.
- Must be self motivated, self starter
- Good interpersonal skills capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Integrity, commitment and honesty
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Goal oriented, high energy
Disclaimer - Description stated above, may not contain all of the actual skills requirements and/or abilities that are required of this position.
- Email resume to email@example.com