Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security.
We are currently seeking a Quality Manager who can plan, develop and execute programs to support Calnetix Technologies’ business strategy and objectives. This role will interface across multiple business units, departments and functions to drive programs and initiatives that ensure goals are achieved. The ideal candidate will act as a management representative for Quality Assurance and ensure that policies and procedures are accurately interpreted and implemented.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate, lead and facilitate quality improvement and strategic initiatives through the effective application of business process improvement methodologies.
- Actively solicit feedback from business unit, department and function leadership on support needs and quality program effectiveness to develop short and long-term strategic plans for improvement with associated action plans and metrics.
- Maintain Quality Management System in accordance with company guidelines and direction.
- Maintain and direct internal audits, facilitate external surveillance visits and recertification audits as scheduled and required.
- Investigate and drive to conclude customer complaints regarding quality.
- Direct the job functions of assigned employees engaged in quality engineering, inspection, testing and production support related activities to assure control over materials, processes and products.
- Create and implement effective risk management strategies and improvement, including through the development of standard work, analysis, trending and reporting.
- Lead, coach and mentor team for improved performance. Identify and develop high potential employees, conduct performance evaluations, disciplinary action within company guidelines.
- Plan, promote and organize training activities related to product quality and reliability. Make staffing recommendations and reassignment of duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline with 10 years relevant experience in discrete product manufacturing environment with direct responsibility for overall quality assurance/control processes or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- In-depth working knowledge of 5S, Kaizen, Lean, Six Sigma, statistical process control (SPC) and 8D problem solving methodologies.
- CQE, Lean Six Sigma certification desired.
- Prior quality leadership role within low volume/high mix environment with emphasis in complex high precision machined parts and electro-mechanical assemblies for diverse and demanding (aerospace, defense, medical) applications.
- Quality experience relating to supplier capability assessment, problem resolution and supply chain development/improvement initiatives.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, in oral and written form, along with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with outstanding follow up skills.
- Proficient working within formal quality management system (AS9100, ISO9001:2015, etc.) environment.
- Experience in driving change management initiatives across an organization
- Self-starter with strong bias for results and continuous process improvement
- Versatility - capable of strategic thinking while executing near term goals and objectives
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Proven project management skills
Quality Engineering, Technician, and Inspection personnel
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. using proper lifting techniques.
- Personal protective equipment required in some areas.
- Position duties will primarily be indoors with occasional travel to suppliers.
Disclaimer - The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. Calnetix will not sponsor applicants for immigration, including for H-1B, TN and other non-immigrant Visas, for this role.
Calnetix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.