Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security.
We are currently seeking a Rotordynamics & Controls Engineer whose responsibilities include controls and rotordynamics functions with secondary responsibility magnetic actuator design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform rotordynamic modelling
- Use Matlab to analyze stability and performance of magnetic bearing control system loops
- Conduct final magnetic bearing tuning
- Participate in design of new magnetic bearing systems for new applications/machines.
- Become familiar with C/C++ Digital Signal Processing (DSP) based magnetic bearing control code
- Develop and conduct training sessions to field service engineers, test engineers, and technicians
- Interface with internal and external customers, where required, for field service/ applications/ product support
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Master’s Degree required in mechanical engineering or in related discipline
- Ability to work with rotordynamics
- Ability to work with magnetic actuator design
- Ability to work with magnetic bearing controller hardware components
- Understanding of magnetic bearing principles and applications
- Ability to work with PWM switching power amplifier design
- Ability to work with machine-level magnetic bearing system testing and troubleshooting
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
This position is very much hands-on and in a shop atmosphere most of the time. Personal protective equipment may be required in some work areas.
Application Process: Mail resumes to:
Calnetix Technologies, LLC
16323 Shoemaker Avenue
Cerritos, CA 90703