Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security.
We are currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer who will provide manufacturing engineer support in the production and testing of high-speed motors, generators, power electronics and magnetic bearing systems. The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for process design, development of tools/fixtures and generating work instructions and serves as a liaison between engineering and production for successful system integration and process improvements to improve quality, cost and delivery.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Drive continuous improvement in manufacturing processes
- Design tooling and fixtures to support product fabrication, assembly and test coordinating design criteria with vendors and/or customers when applicable
- Follow through with the fabrication of tooling and fixtures by internal and external suppliers
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing functions, including assembly, purchasing, and QA. This includes providing first-line technical support to these functions.
- Improving overall processes and related issues including process development, scheduling, creating process documentation, product assembly and production processing, problem solving, and program management
- Specify, install, troubleshoot and debug tooling and capital equipment
- Up to 10% travel required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Requires a B.S. degree in a technical field (Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering preferred) or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience with progressing levels of responsibility
- Solid 3D mechanical design utilizing SolidWorks
- Solid 2D drafting skills as per ASME 14.5M
- Experience within turbomachinery and/or high-speed electric motors/generators industry is highly desirable
- Able to exercise independent judgment and make logical decisions on technical issues
- Ability to establish positive rapport with individuals at all levels of organization
- Ability to motivate the team through leadership and “can do” attitude
- Self-awareness; not afraid to ask for help or admit error
- Willingness to engage in a constructive debate
- Ownership, Initiative and Accountability
- Open to developing new skills and take on new responsibilities
Disclaimer - Description stated above, may not contain all of the actual skills requirements and/or abilities that are required of this position.
- Email resume to email@example.com