Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer which is a senior level position. The candidate must have technical background who has the desire and capability to be the mechanical engineering lead focal point for new development as well as repeat application projects using the company’s core technology. The job will require understanding the development objectives and applying strong fundamental engineering expertise to support the design of the product. With particular work ethic and dynamism, there are huge opportunities for growth within the company.
- Application of engineering principles and established engineering norms to design
- Technical analysis in all areas of mechanical design and packaging of electrical rotating machinery – thermal, mechanical, stress, structural
- Conceptualization of new designs based on existing proven designs and innovations
- Evaluate products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability
- Ensure optimum manufacturing efficiency and costs in design
- Assistance to design group in Solid works on assigned projects/ systems engineering
- Technical oversight and review of the design, both internal and external reviews
- Design contribution to the core engineering team in areas of expertise
- Technical risk identification, mitigation plans as well as development and execution of alternate paths in the design
- Ensure timely completion of project design deliverables, including design drawings, analysis and other documentation as required
- Must be flexible and willing to go beyond general job responsibilities
- Mentor and develop young engineers as assigned from time to time
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Engineering Degree (Mechanical/Electrical) with minimum 5 years experience
- Design of rotating machinery
- Expert in GD&T standards and application to new designs.
- Experience with high speed machines/ and permanent magnet motors a plus
- System integration experiences specifically with electro-mechanical systems, bearings and seals a plus.
- Strong background in the use of Structural and thermal simulation tools
- Some project management or coordination experience
- Solid works experience
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
Abilities and Traits:
- Must have the bias and dynamism to execute
- Team player with a willingness to learn
- Strong interpersonal skills with the power of positive persuasion
- Evaluate options, propose solutions and make decisions when required
- Integrity & honesty
- Leadership with the ability to motivate
- Position will be responsible for leading and coordinating activities of others to meet company objectives
Disclaimer - Description stated above, may not contain all of the actual skills requirements and/or abilities that are required of this position.
- Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org