Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security
We are currently seeking a CNC Grinder/Machinist whose overall responsibility will be to perform a skilled level of work in the fabrication, assembly, maintenance, and repair a variety of metal parts, tools, and equipment. Specific accountabilities also include programming, setup and operation of CNC Grinders to manufacture high precision machined components, tools and fixtures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup and operate CNC Grinders (Studer S33, Kellenberger) for OD, ID and Axial (face) grinding
- Establish efficient grinding process, determine grinding wheel requirements (e.g. wheel type, hardness, dressing cycles, develop setup and operation sheets to efficiently manage operation
- Troubleshoot work in process when program, wheel speed, finish or tolerance problems occur
- Read and interpret blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine holding requirements, setup procedures, control settings and grinding methods and sequences
- Calculate and set machine controls to position grinding wheel in relations to work piece and to regulate factors, such as depth of cut, speed, and feed and coolant flow
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5 years experience, completion of a recognized CNC Programming/Machinist apprenticeship program or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Knowledge of “on machine” programming using Studer Win GUI a plus
- Ability to inspect parts using conventional inspection equipment (i.e. calipers, micrometers, height gage, comparator, dial indicators, etc.)
- Must be highly detail oriented.
- Able to perform routine maintenance (e.g. check & add fluids, replace coolant, replace filters, etc.)
- High degree of integrity
- Ability to establish positive rapport with individuals at all levels of organization
- Ownership, initiative and accountability
- Flexibility in range of responsibilities
- Self-awareness; not afraid to ask for help or admit error
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Bend or stoop repeatedly or continually over time
- Remain in a standing position for extended periods of time
- Lifting objects up to 50 pounds may be required
- Flexible work schedule. Available as determined by changes in customer demand, to adjust shift start/end times and work overtime as necessary.
Disclaimer - Description stated above, may not contain all of the actual skills requirements and/or abilities that are required of this position.
- Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org