Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security
We are currently seeking a CNC Grinder/Machinist whose overall responsibility will be to perform a skilled level of work in the fabrication, assembly, maintenance, and repair a variety of metal parts, tools, and equipment. Specific accountabilities also include programming, setup and operation of CNC Grinders to manufacture high precision machined components, tools and fixtures.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com.
- Setup and operate CNC Grinders (Studer S33, Kellenberger) for OD, ID and Axial (face) grinding
- Establish efficient grinding process, determine grinding wheel requirements (e.g. wheel type, hardness, dressing cycles, develop setup and operation sheets to efficiently manage operation
- Troubleshoot work in process when program, wheel speed, finish or tolerance problems occur
- Read and interpret blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine holding requirements, setup procedures, control settings and grinding methods and sequences
- Calculate and set machine controls to position grinding wheel in relations to work piece and to regulate factors, such as depth of cut, speed, and feed and coolant flow
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5 years of experience, completion of a recognized CNC Programming/Machinist apprenticeship program or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Knowledge of “on machine” programming using Studer Win GUI a plus
- Ability to inspect parts using conventional inspection equipment (i.e. calipers, micrometers, height gage, comparator, dial indicators, etc.)
- Must be highly detail oriented
- Able to perform routine maintenance (e.g. check & add fluids, replace coolant, replace filters, etc.)
- High degree of integrity
- Ability to establish positive rapport with individuals at all levels of organization
- Ownership, initiative and accountability
- Flexibility in range of responsibilities
- Self-awareness; not afraid to ask for help or admit error
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- Bend or stoop repeatedly or continually over time
- Remain in a standing position for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. using proper lifting techniques
- Work around objects that can be highly magnetized
- Personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves hearing protection or masks may be required in some production areas.
- Flexible work schedule. Available as determined by changes in customer demand, to adjust shift start/end times and work overtime as necessary
Disclaimer - The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Calnetix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.