Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to encompass mechanical and electrical support for manufacturing operations of Calnetix high speed motors, generators, power electronics and magnetic bearing systems. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing routers, procedures, work instructions, tooling and fixtures required for manufacturing operations. The Manufacturing Engineer will work with shop personnel and engineering for successful system design integration, cost reduction, improved lead times, delivery and support of component and assembly fabrication.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate, manage, and drive continuous improvement of all manufacturing documents and processes including work instructions, manufacturing routers, inspection forms, etc.
- Design of tooling and fixtures to support product fabrication and assembly
- Coordinate design criteria with vendors and/or customers when applicable
- Follow through with the fabrication of tooling and fixtures by internal and external suppliers
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing functions, including assembly, purchasing, and QA. This includes providing first-line technical support to these functions.
- Improving overall processes and related issues including process development, scheduling, creating process documentation, product assembly and production processing, problem solving, and program management
- Installation and debug of tooling and capital equipment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Requires a BS degree in a technical field (Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering preferred) or equivalent combination of education/experience
- A minimum of 5 years progressive and related experience required
- Solid 3D mechanical design utilizing SolidWorks
- Solid 2D drafting skills per ASME 14.5M
- Experience building turbomachinery and/or highspeed electric motors
- Familiar with creating ERP system BOM’s & Routers
- Knowledge of standard manufacturing processes: casting, machining, milling, grinding, mechanical and electrical assembly, welding, inspection techniques, process piping and equipment, and pressurized assemblies
- Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience is a plus
- Open to developing new skills and take on new responsibilities
- Good interpersonal and interfacing skills a plus (i.e. communicating well with people across different departments both internally and externally)
- Additional computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to exercise independent judgment and make logical decisions on technical issues
- Ability to establish positive rapport with individuals at all levels of organization
- Ability to motivate working team through leadership and “can do” attitude
- Self-awareness; not afraid to ask for help or admit error
- Willingness to engage in constructive debate
- Ownership, Initiative and Accountability
- Flexibility in range of responsibilities
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- Time will be split between office and shop floor.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. using proper lifting techniques
- Personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves hearing protection or masks may be required in some production areas.
- Work around objects that can be highly magnetized
Disclaimer - The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. Calnetix will not sponsor applicants for immigration, including for H-1B, TN and other non-immigrant Visas, for this role.
Calnetix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.