Calnetix is an engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California, committed to making a positive contribution to society and the environment by changing the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We are focused on developing, manufacturing, and delivering advanced energy solutions for commercial applications throughout the world and for mission-critical applications for the United States Government and its Prime Contractors. Calnetix thrives on innovation and meeting new challenges. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize innovative, proprietary high-speed electric motor-generator technologies to develop next-generation, power-dense and energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, harmful emissions and enhance energy security.
We are currently seeking a Power Electronics Assembly and Test Technician with a technical background and who has the desire and capability to test and support our products. The job will require the assembly and testing of a wide variety of inverters and high speed and variable frequency drives for motors, generators, compressors and expanders for both production and new product development programs.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans; assemble, test, troubleshoot and rework a wide variety of IGBT based power electronics and high speed and variable frequency drives for motors, generators, compressors and expanders.
- Performs operational tests and fault isolation to ensure conformance with design specification, reporting data in prescribed format(s).
- Utilize diagnostic equipment including oscilloscope, VOM, DVM, signal generators and similar test apparats.
- Interpret test results, evaluate variances, deviations, troubleshoot issues to root cause, repair as needed
- Calibrate, adjust, test, diagnose and maintain equipment, components, devices, or systems as directed.
- Comply with company policies, processes and safety procedures
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering or related discipline with 3 years relevant experience or combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Ability to read schematics, engineering blueprints and technical data sheets
- Ability to use data acquisition and diagnostic instrumentation – oscilloscopes, power meters, spectrum analyzers, common electrical meters
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with safety requirements for high power applications
- Hands-on experience with rotating machinery and variable frequency drives a plus
- System integration experience, specifically with electro-mechanical systems, a plus
Intangibles Sought :
- Willingness to learn and take instructions from experienced engineers for diagnostics and prototype testing
- Able to exercise independent judgment and make logical decisions on technical issues
- “Can do” attitude with self-awareness; not afraid to ask for help or admit error
- Ownership, Initiative and Accountability
- Flexibility in range of responsibilities
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- Position is hands-on time spent on shop floor involved in product assembly and test.
- Personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves, or masks required in all production/assembly areas.
$20 - $25 per hour
Disclaimer - The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Calnetix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.