Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security
We are currently seeking a CMM Programmer/Quality Assurance Inspector, who is responsible for the inspection and testing of various electromechanical components using high precision metrology equipment including programming and operating a Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) and standard metrology tools as well as data collection systems.
• Performs dimensional and visual inspection of parts at various stages of the product realization process.
• Creates and executes parts level control plans including CMM inspection and programs, manual inspection operations, sampling, critical to quality etc. to verify product conformity to drawing specification.
• Capture inspection results electronically, maintains data records and program database
• Writes nonconformance reports and segregates nonconforming product into MRB hold area.
• May perform other duties such as calibration, internal audits, gauge R&R, problem solving and other assignments as deemed necessary.
• Interact with the design team to properly interpret drawings and provide feedback on measurability
• Requires working under minimal supervision to plan and execute daily workload based on production schedule
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Direct experience with automated CMM machine programming and operation, preferably using PC-DMIS software, along with a strong understanding of GD&T and inspection technics.
• Associate’s degree (A.S.) in science and Engineering or related technical field minimum education and minimum of 5 years progressive experience in CMM programming.
• Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of windows based programs, including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Ability to use inspection report generation program (inspection X-pert, Solid works Inspection or similar)
• Ability to use advanced measuring techniques to measure parts with intricate three- dimensional characteristics, prismatic or non-prismatic.
• Good math skills (college math) including understanding of geometry principles and statistics as it applies to metrology.
• Experience dealing with tight tolerance parts (down to 0.0001 inch) on CMM and with manual tools.
• Must be able to read and interpret complex blue prints and communicate clearly and effectively in technical language with both internal and external customers.
• Strong organization and prioritization skills.
Disclaimer - Description stated above, may not contain all of the actual skills requirements and/or abilities that are required of this position.
• Email resume to email@example.com