Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security.
We are currently seeking a Document Control Specialist (Manufacturing) whose overall responsibility is to create and maintain revisions of inventory parts, bills of material (BOM), and routers in ERP system.
- Create and maintain revisions of Inventory Parts, Bills of Material (BOM) and Routers in ERP system
- Ensure Inventory and BOM’s configurations in ERP match to the design released levels in Product Data Management (PDM) system
- Communicate changes and requests for changes to the respective departments.
- Maintain technical documents (Work Instructions, Process Specifications, etc.).
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Associates Degree in technical field preferred or formal technical training in engineering field with minimum 5 years relevant experience in production environment
- Experience with ERP system functions related to product configuration management
- Experience working in PDM environment
- Knowledge of standard manufacturing processes: machining, milling, grinding, casting, welding, assembly, as well as Quality Assurance
- Software: Office Suite, SolidWorks, and Global Shop ERP desirable.
- Good interpersonal and interfacing skills a plus (i.e. communicating well with people across different departments both internally and externally)
- Able to exercise independent judgment and make logical decisions on technical issues
- Ability to establish positive rapport with individuals at all levels of organization
- Ability to motivate working team through leadership and “can do” attitude
- Self-awareness; not afraid to ask for help or admit error
- Willingness to engage in constructive debate
- Ownership, Initiative and Accountability
- Flexibility in range of responsibilities
Work Environment / Physical Demands: Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves, or masks may be required in some assembly areas.
Disclaimer - Description stated above, may not contain all of the actual skills requirements and/or abilities that are required of this position.
Application Process: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org