Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security
We are currently seeking a Sales Engineer. This position is responsible for supporting Business Development/Sales functions, creating detailed proposals, negotiating contracts, managing key customer accounts, acting as liaison between commercial and technical teams, researching new market opportunities, attending and helping to conduct trade shows, and other tasks as identified. The job may require occasional travel both domestically and internationally.
• Develop a sufficient understanding of Calnetix technologies and be able to articulate the value proposition of our technologies
• Prepare short proposals and quotations
• Process customer Purchase Orders, as needed
• Qualify leads and be able to present the value proposition
• Develop a sufficient understanding of our costing tools in order to assess project costs
• Be able to articulate Calnetix technology, components, services and subsidiaries to potential customers in a convincing manner
• Continuously monitor and share information internally on competitors to ensure Calnetix’s offering maintains its competitive position
• Provide management team with relevant sales/service reports
• Drive customer-focused solution sales processes
• Minimum of five (5) years of technical sales experience selling solutions to various industries within the same job
• Able to dig deep and ask the right questions to understand and categorize the true needs and wants of customers
• Capable of conceptualizing and articulating problem statements and solutions internally and externally
• Able to identify the value of our technology for the customer’s process/equipment
• Ability to evaluate, prioritize and pursue opportunities
• Engineering degree – electrical, mechanical, industrial, chemical, etc., however no direct engineering work experience necessary Self-driven and goal-driven
• Persuasive and persistent
• Solid communication skills, written and oral
• Proven track record with cross-cultural engagement
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Word, Excel, Power Point
• and Outlook is expected. Excellent communication skills are a necessity
• Experience with application engineering or sales in a turbomachinery company
• Aptitude to learn technology from an application perspective
• Experience working in a small to mid-size company, where the business development efforts of one or two individuals are very impactful, positively or negatively
• Experience with Salesforce or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
Analytical - Synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data; design work flows and procedures.
Business Acumen - A positive attitude and professional image with impeccable business ethics. Driven, passionate, and results oriented.
Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Achievement Focus - High level of drive, energy and initiative, capable of working effectively with minimal guidance. Self-starter, who takes initiative, co-operates with and leverages internal resources. Well organized and capable of establishing and maintaining proper priorities. Focus on results rather than activities.
Communications - Express ideas and thoughts verbally; express ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibit good listening and comprehension; keep others adequately informed; select and use appropriate communication methods.
Customer Service - Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Respond promptly to customer needs; Solicit customer feedback to improve service; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meet commitments.
Language Ability - Read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical or governmental documents. Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the public.
Mathematical Ability - Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills - Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Word, Excel, Power Point
and Outlook is expected. Excellent communication skills are a necessity
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves, or masks may be required in some assembly areas.
Disclaimer - Description stated above, may not contain all of the actual skills requirements and/or abilities that are required of this position.
Application Process: Email resume to email@example.com