Calnetix is a growing engineering and manufacturing company located in Southern California. We are making a positive contribution to society and the environment by helping to change the way the world harvests and utilizes energy. We enable OEMs across a wide range of industries to enhance and differentiate their current products and to innovate toward creating new products and markets. In partnership with OEMs, we utilize our innovative, high-speed motor generator technologies to help meet industry demand for more energy-efficient products that reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and enhance energy security
We are currently seeking a Talent Manager. The Talent Manager is responsible for partnering with the Human Resources team and business leaders to drive talent acquisition, talent management and leadership development strategies, tools and processes in the disciplines of talent recruitment, talent assessment, competency identification, development planning, succession planning, training and coaching to develop leaders to meet the current/future business needs of the company and to improve the capabilities and strengthen the skill set of the existing workforce.
Talent Acquisition- Serve as the main resource and expert for recruiting candidates to fill specialized engineering positions and other department openings externally and internally.
• Screen resumes, interview candidates, administer appropriate assessments and reference/background checks, make recommendations for hire and deliver employment offers.
• Use traditional and nontraditional resources such as career fairs, on-line job fairs, community network events, college campus visits and social media to identify and attract quality candidates.
• Develop advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility by potential candidates.
• Act as liaison with multiple new or existing recruiting agencies
• Manage screening process, including resume and reference checks, coordination of interviews with hiring manager, etc.
• Follow up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.
• Communicate important employment/benefit information prior to and during delivery of employment offers.
• Work with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations, including affirmative action plan compliance.
• Implement candidate activity applicant tracking system (ATS).
• Manage application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
Talent Management- Serve as the main resources and expert for assessing, developing and motivating talent.
• Ensure an ongoing process exists that continuously enhances the knowledge and capability of key talent in order to enable these managers to effectively lead the organization toward achievement of strategic initiatives
• Conduct individual leadership, career and talent assessments as appropriate using a variety of tools
• Work with senior management to identify the talent gaps to meet goals.
• Provide coaching and support to key leaders in the creation of robust individual development plans that meet succession, retention and career progression needs
• Contribute to development of employee engagement strategies that retain top talent
• Create and conduct New Hire Orientation experience for onboarding of new employees
• Identify or develop company-wide or individual learning initiatives that cost effectively focus employee development toward achievement of both business and personal career goals
• Conduct training needs assessment, recommending and implementing programs to support key skill areas
• Develop training processes that focus on improving capabilities and strengthening the skill set of the existing workforce
• Work collaboratively with department managers to assure that they are meeting established training objectives for their staff
• Monitor and report training statistics
• As a member of the Human Resources Team, contributes to both departmental and organizational objectives
• Keep up to date on best practices in recruitment, management, leadership and organizational development areas
• Responsible to maintain Calnetix’s confidential information in accordance with Calnetix policies, and state and federal laws, rules and regulations regarding confidentiality.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• HRIS experience preferred
• SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential preferred
• Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in talent acquisition and management at a technology or industrial manufacturing organization required
• Experience acquiring and managing a wide spectrum of talents from business to technical roles and VP's to frontline contributors required
• Experience in talent management and succession planning to align with organizational goals of a business unit required
• Previous budget and staff supervisory experience required
• Experience in organizational structure development preferred
• Proven capabilities as a leadership coach and performance consultant
• Strong business acumen and ability to translate business strategy into organization development plans
• Strong Business Acumen.
• Strong Communication skills
• Global & Cultural Awareness.
• Relationship Management
• Passion for recruitment and human resources
• An outgoing and friendly disposition
Disclaimer - Description stated above, may not contain all of the actual skills requirements and/or abilities that are required of this position.
• Email resume to email@example.com